- We just organised the details for the next RENADET conference in Cyprus with the theme „The role of higher education in the process of professionalisation of adult educators“.
This biennial meeting focuses on the important yet less discussed role of higher education institutions in both delivering academic programmes that provide relevant cognitive and professional skills and competences to future adult educators, and in being more actively involved in the current dialogue with regard to the professionalisation paths of adult educators and trainers.
A limited number of papers (max. 50) will be presented. Interested contributors may choose –but are not limited to– from the following shortlist of sub-themes:
- Initial education and training of adult educators and trainers in higher education environments.
- Types of programmes that are or can be provided by higher education institutions for the development of relevant professional competences by adult educators.
- The role of universities as validating agencies of existing psycho-pedagogical competences for in-service adult educators.
- Ways in which adult education policies and initial education and training opportunities for prospective adult educators affect the role of higher education institutions in terms of academic orientation and programme delivery.
- Existing social and cultural factors within higher education institutions that influence the formation of initial competences and qualifications of adult educators.
- Higher education institutions as stakeholders in decision making processes concerning adult education.
- Development of conduits among policy-makers and academics with regard tothe professionalisation of adult educators
You will find the announcement here: [Renadet CfP2015]