Wolfgang Jütte , Prof. Dr.
Wolfgang Jütte holds a doctoral degree in Adult Education from University of Münster and started his career as a Research Specialist at the UNESCO-Institute for Lifelong Learning, Hamburg. He is currently Professor in the Faculty of Education at the University of Bielefeld.
- Co-Editor of the European Journal for Research on the Education and Learning of Adults (RELA)
- Co-Convenor of the ESREA Network on “Adult Educators, Trainers and their Professional Development”
- Head of the Center for University Continuing Education of the University Bielefeld (ZWW)
- Associate Expert for PASCAL (Place Management, Social Capital and Learning Region) International Observatory |
His main research is focused on
- Co-operation and Network Research
- Professionalization of Adult Educators
- International and Comparative Adult education,
- University Continuing Education
He was involved in several EU Projects
- member of the Tempus-Project „Vernetzte gestufte Aus- und Weiterbildung in Bildungsmanagement“ (159371-TEMPUS-DE-TEMPUS-JPCR)
- member of the 6th Framework EU-Programme: “Strategies for inclusion and social cohesion in Europe from education. Citizens and governance in a knowledge based society” [FP6-028603-2] (2006 – 2008)
- coordinator of the Latin-American-European Project (EU-Programme ALFA) on ”University and Continuing Education” [II-0245-A] (2002-2005)
He has extensively published on the analysis of cooperative structures and networking in adult education -> publications